About Us

The Canoga Park Women’s Club is a philanthropic organization.  The purpose of the Club is to become a center for community endeavor, to work hand in hand for social welfare and for the general advancement of both Club and the community.

As we are an IRS – Section 501 (c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization, all donations are tax deductible.

 

History

Over 102 years ago, on October 30, 1914, sixteen ladies met to form the Canoga Park Women’s Club.  Bylaws were drawn up and officers were elected.  One of its first decisions was to establish a free public library.  With the energies of its new president and most active social leader, Mrs. L.C. Kimball, the Club was able to announce the opening of the first public library.  The Club joined the California Federation of Women’s Clubs, December 1915.  In 1923 we joined the General Federation of Women’s Clubs(CFWC). 

 

 

 

Our quaint Clubhouse was built in 1929 and has been a center for volunteer community service for over 86 years.